br American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistic
25. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Washington DC: American Psy-chiatric Association; 2013.
26. Caillet P, Canoui-Poitrine F, Vouriot J, et al. Comprehensive geriatric assessment in the decision-making process in elderly patients with cancer: ELCAPA study. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29: 3636e3642.
28. Aaldriks AA, van der Geest LG, Giltay EJ, et al. Frailty and malnutrition predictive of mortality risk in older patients with advanced colorectal cancer receiving chemotherapy. J Geriatr Oncol. 2013;4:218e226.
29. Robinson TN, Wallace JI, Wu DS, et al. Accumulated frailty characteristics predict postoperative discharge institutionali-zation in the geriatric patient. J Am Coll Surg. 2011;213: 37e42.
30. Lin HS, Watts JN, Peel NM, Hubbard RE. Frailty and post-operative outcomes in older surgical patients: a systematic review. BMC Geriatr. 2016;16:157.
31. Brugel L, Laurent M, Caillet P, et al. Impact of comprehensive geriatric assessment on survival, function, and nutritional status in elderly patients with head and neck cancer: protocol for a multicentre randomised controlled trial (EGeSOR). BMC Canc. 2014;14:427.
32. Decoster L, Van Puyvelde K, Mohile S, et al. Screening tools for multidimensional health problems warranting a geriatric assessment in older cancer patients: an update on SIOG rec-ommendations. Ann Oncol. 2015;26:288e300.
33. Caillet P, Laurent M, Bastuji-Garin S, et al. Optimal manage-ment of elderly cancer patients: usefulness of the compre-hensive geriatric assessment. Clin Interv Aging. 2014;9: 1645e1660.
34. Weightman WM, Gibbs NM, Weidmann CR, et al. The effect of preoperative aspirin-free interval on Brefeldin-A transfusion requirements in cardiac surgical patients. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2002;16:54e58.
35. Merritt JC, Bhatt DL. The efficacy and safety of perioperative antiplatelet therapy. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2004;17:21e27.
36. Korte W, Cattaneo M, Chassot PG, et al. Peri-operative man-agement of antiplatelet therapy in patients with coronary ar-tery disease: joint position paper by members of the working group on perioperative haemostasis of the society on throm-bosis and haemostasis research (GTH), the working group on perioperative coagulation of the Austrian society for anesthe-siology, resuscitation and intensive care (VOGARI) and the working group thrombosis of the European Society for Cardi-ology (ESC). Thromb Haemostasis. 2011;105:743e749.
37. Douketis JD. Perioperative management of patients who are receiving warfarin therapy: an evidence-based and clinical approach. Hosp Pract. 1995;39:41e54.
38. Shah MD, Goldstein DP, McCluskey SA, Miles BA, Hofer SO, Brown DH. Blood transfusion prediction in patients undergoing major head and neck surgery with free-flap reconstruction. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010;136:1199e1204.
39. Carling MS, Jeppsson A, Eriksson BI, Brisby H. Transfusion and blood loss in total hip and knee arthroplasty: a prospective observational study. J Orthop Surg Res. 2015;10:48.
40. Pan W, Sun Z, Xiang Y, Fang W. The correlation between high body mass index and survival in patients with esophageal cancer after curative esophagectomy: evidence from retro-spective studies. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2015;24:480e488.
41. Miao L, Chen H, Xiang J, Zhang Y. A high body mass index in esophageal cancer patients is not associated with adverse outcomes following esophagectomy. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2015;141:941e950.
43. Ejaz A, Spolverato G, Kim Y, et al. Impact of blood transfusions and transfusion practices on long-term outcome following hepatopancreaticobiliary surgery. J Gastrointest Surg. 2015; 19:887e896.
44. Tomimaru Y, Wada H, Marubashi S, et al. Fresh frozen plasma transfusion does not affect outcomes following hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastro-enterol. 2010;28(16):5603e5610.
Please cite this article as: Jeong YM et al., Association between preoperative use of antithrombotic medications and intraoperative transfusion in older patients undergoing cancer surgery, Asian Journal of Surgery, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asjsur.2019.06.005 Health Services Research
Association Between Prostate Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Observation for Low-risk Prostate Cancer
MichaelX1D S. Leapman,X2DRongX3D Wang,X4DHenryX5D S. Park,X6DJamesX7D B. Yu,X8DJeffreyX9D C. Weinreb,X01D CaryX1D P. Gross,X21Dand Xiaomei31D MaX41D
OBJECTIVE To evaluate the association between prostate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and the use of
observation for men with low-risk prostate cancer (PCa). MATERIALS AND